- The Heron entry-level readers are packed with features to delight any user.
- Ideal for instinctive reading distance applications (near contact to over 20 cm / 8 in) at the retail point of sale (POS) or office applications, the Heron readers provide high performance in an innovative design package.
- Perfect for use as both a handheld and a presentation style reader, all Heron models are lightweight and ergonomically shaped for handheld use and include an auto-sensing stand in the package.
- Removed from the stand the reader switches to handheld mode, placed correctly in the stand, the reader beeps and automatically switches to Stand Mode (hands-free) for presentation reading.
- Developed to satisfy all requirements at the POS, the Heron series of readers are available with different interface sets: the standard D130 multi-interface model (RS-232, USB, Wedge and Wand Emulation); the D110 model, providing complete connectivity to main IBM cash registers and POS terminals and the D150 EAS model which has an integrated EAS antenna and special EAS cables, for ease of connection and compatibility with Nedap and Checkpoint® EAS systems, guaranteeing EAS tag deactivation and code reading in one smooth motion.