Application update required, when opening Point of Sale
Application update required error shows when opening POS. After clicking Next, the screen freezes and your company file does not open.
ERROR:Application Update Required, Intuit.RSG.QBPOSInterop.UpdateApplicationActionPage.
How to fix it
Solution 1: Ensure all Point of Sale updates are installed
- 1) Click Exit on update screen.
- 2) Choose Help and select Check for Software Updates.
- 3) Allow Point of sale to update. If an error occurs during update, go to the product updates page and follow the instructions to install a Manual update. Be sure you have Point of Sale selected as your product.
Important:If you have a server and client copies of Point of Sale V12.0, install the update on the server first, and update the client computers before running the Point of Sale. Installing on a different order, or trying to run the program on the client without first updating the server computer can cause errors.
Solution 2: Delete all contents of the Entitlement Client folder and remove WSActivity.xml file
Before performing the following steps, ensure all Point of Sale processes and services are not running
End all POS processes and services
- Open Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes tab.
- Find and end the following processes:
- Close the Task Manager.
- Press Window + R, the Search window appears.
- Enter services.msc
- In the Services window, search for QBPOS Database Manager v11
- stop the service.
- Close the services window.
- Display hidden Windows folders
- Windows 8.1 and 8
- Click Windows Start button, select Control Panel. Click Appearance and Personalization and choose Folder Options.
- Click the View tab.
- Under Advanced settings, click Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- Click OK.
- Windows 7 and Vista
- Right-click the Windows Start button and choose Open Windows Explorer.
- Click Organize and choose Folder and Search Options.
- Click the View tab, select Show hidden files and folders, and then clear the checkbox for Hide protected operating files.
- Click Yes on the warning and click OK.
- Windows XP
- Choose Tools and select Folder Options.
- Click the View tab and clear the Hide extensions for known file types checkbox.
- Select Show hidden files and folders and clear Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
- Click OK.
- Go to the following location according to your Operating System:
- Windows 8 and 8.1: C:\ Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.0
- Windows 7 and Vista: C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.0
- Windows XP: C:\DocumentsandSettings\AllUsers\ApplicationData\Intuit\EntitlementClient\v8.0
- 3) From the keyboard, press CTRL+A to select all files in the folder.
- 4) Right click and select Delete.
- 5) Go back to the following location: C:\ Program Data\Intuit\ QuickBooks Point of Sale QuickBooks Point of Sale
We know how complex retail can be, So we make it easy. Read More 11.0.
- 6) Open the INI folder and delete the WSActivity file.
- 7) Open Point of Sale again and download and install any updates.
- 8) Complete the registration process.